Saturday, April 27, 2013

How to deal with kryptonite


The other night I had dinner with a lovely lady who ended up being like kryptonite to me. You know, that is the substance that makes Superman go weak.

She exuded negative energy – at least it touched me as negative energy. Somehow she hit many of the vulnerabilities I was feeling that night – I did not even realize I had those vulnerabilities.  I know she did not even know she was affecting me so much with her words. It was not her fault really. She was simply saying what was on her mind and I was the one affected so I am the one that needs to work on why I felt that way.

So how to boost myself back up and return to the feeling of my own unique power and strength? I went to I am statements.  Let me explain further ... because one day this may help you.

I am statements.....

When I was a teenager I used to write on the inside cover of my notebooks at school.....I am kind. I am loving. I am strong. I am beautiful. I am a winner. I am smart. I am confident. I am happy. I am healthy.  I am amazing. I am special. I am loved. I am sexy ....Well you can imagine how I was teased from classmates when they saw it all written in my notebook. I have no idea why I choose to write it repeatedly in all my school notebooks. Interestingly it did not stop me from continuing to do it for the whole year.

Why does it seem more socially acceptable to keep such things to yourself?

I think now – What if .... All kids were encouraged to write out good thoughts about themselves? Simple I am statements. How much power would they feel? And how would that effect lives? We may not be kids anymore but try writing some I am statements today and feel the empowerment you feel from it.

I am Suzanne and I am empowered. Thank you.

With great love, Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live Your Dreams Life Coach

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile