Monday, September 21, 2009

Can chores be pleasures?

Something odd happened this morning ….
This morning I was hanging laundry in our yard for the sun to dry (This is not unusual as I live in Mexico). I usually consider this a chore – one that needs to be gotten through quickly because it wastes my valuable time! But this morning was different. I was finding myself enjoying hanging my laundry in my beautiful yard. Why was I feeling this way? What changed?

The activity had not changed so I obviously had been the one that had changed. My perception had changed. I found that I was focusing on what I was doing right then – hanging laundry - I was so in the moment – and I was enjoying it. I had no thought of everything else that I usually feel I need to get done in the day. Truth be told – I didn’t really care what else needed to be done because right at that moment I was hanging laundry and I liked it.

Well, Mr. Eckhart Tolle, I have now experienced another truly ‘living in the now’ moment and it was in a place where I never expected to find it. I guess we just never know where we will find those really good moments so we better pay attention to them all.

Will I experience joy every time I hang laundry now? I sure hope so!

With great love, Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live Your Dreams Life Coach

To hear these blogs recorded in my own voice go here.

Join the The Live Your Dreams Coaching Club! We all have a dream and it may be easier to achieve if we don't feel like we are all alone in our quest. Join a club now that can empower you daily starting at $1 a month. We have several levels of fun and empowerment!

One of the best ways to be living our dream life is to enjoy what we are doing and be able to control our financial destiny. Maybe one of these ideas can help. Click here for ideas.

I am also available for individual phone coaching sessions, email coaching, group teleclasses, speaking engagements and other fun and empowering events. http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile