Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Marathon, you Can Do It!"


Remember our 62 year old first time marathoner from past posts? Now we have his latest update as he counts down to October 7th! This is a great live your dreams story!

The title of the book is, "Marathon, You Can Do It!" I read it and believed it!

Some of you know I started this over 5 months ago. None of you have heard from me for a long time. But in the dark of the early mornings, in the glare of the sun, wind and rain the training went on. The long runs got longer until I did the 23 miler with my daughter a few weeks ago. She completed the run... BUT, I found the wall at 21 1/2 miles!! I completed it only by walking! That is an experience one can only appreciate if it's happened to them.

On Saturday, the 15th, our training program called for a 26 miler! As I got ready the night before there was the BIG question..... Could I get by 21 1/2 miles? A restless night to say the least but by 5 AM it was settled. Face the beast and believe what the book said... "YOU CAN DO IT!"

Somewhere after 5 hr. 30 min. the distance of 26.26 miles [42.26km] was history! Remember this is just a training run. The race is on the 7th of Oct. So now it's just stay injury free till then.

Oh! Did I mention that I received a bronze and a silver for my effort? Well first I found the penny, then the quarter!! Twenty-six cents!! How strange is that?! By the way, the book didn't say anything about the penny a mile stuff.

Thanks for your emails and support.

The Marathoner.

With great love, Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live Your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. For more information see http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/

Would you like help to live your dream? I am available for individual phone coaching sessions, group teleclasses, speaking engagements and other fun and empowering events.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile