Friday, May 18, 2007

Would you like to run a Marathon?

This is the current dream of a man I know who has grown grandkids.

His Dream? To run a Marathon October 7th in Victoria, B.C., Canada with one of his daughters. A Marathon is 26 miles and 386 yards! The last time he ran one was 18 years ago.

He just finished running a much smaller race for practice - one he did last year too. He tells us the details:

The race.... GREAT RACE. I did the three things I had set goals for.
1. better my time. ( I did by 2 min. 12 sec.)
2. finish 1st in my age group. ( I did)
3. finish ahead of John & Don. ( I did)
John was my last years competition. Don is in an age group older, and had a better time than me last year. This year I was able to beat him and his age group as well as the age group below me!

My time for 2 miles was 17: 25 . Now here is the really interesting part; last year I drank coffee, energy drinks and had a hot bath with Epsom salts. This year I did none of those things. What I did do was train! ! After the race I went and ran another six miles (slowly). Why another six mile run? Because I'm in training and my training program called for a 6 mile run. A long way on any day! I only think of one step at a time . That I can handle.

He goes on to tell us: Did I mention that my daughter Alta gives me a week of her life every fall (father daughter bonding) last year we did the big game experience! Now this was her idea of how we should start the week this year! Don't you just think kids have the greatest plans? So the goal is to train together, miles apart, and then run across the finish line to gather!?

His advice? Enjoy life's trip, one step at a time!!

Thanks for sharing Clifford! We will be cheering you on (but maybe from the sofa!)

What's your dream? Can you do one thing towards it today? You may surprise yourself with the results.

With great love, Suzanne

P.S. For more information see http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com

I am available for individual phone coaching sessions, group teleclasses, speaking engagements and other fun and empowering events.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile