Monday, June 18, 2007

Handling our fears

Fears can get in the way of us living our dreams. It's a fact that we all have them.

I think of my fears as little gremlins that sometimes like to sit on my shoulder - they think they have reason to fear - but they are just misinformed little gremlins. Poor dears.

So how can we overcome our fears? Dale Carnegie states one way .......

"Do the things you fear to do and keep on doing it ..... that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear."

It also proves those gremlins wrong. That feels really, really good. Sometimes it even proves our neighbors, friends or family were well meaning but misinformed.

When we stop and face our fears they often disappear. I ask myself, what is the worse thing that can happen? Is it even likely to happen? Is it really that bad? Nope. I haven't found one that bad yet.

As the Nike slogan says: Just do it!

Wow - overcoming fears, picking off gremlins, and living our dreams - life is good! Enjoy it!

With great love, Suzanne

P.S. For more information see http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/

I am available for individual phone coaching sessions, group teleclasses, speaking engagements and other fun and empowering events.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile