Friday, August 24, 2007

What about down days?

Now I am probably one of the most positive people on the planet – I always find the bright side of just about anything - to the point where sometimes people find me annoying. Imagine that!

However, even I have down days. Days where I figure … What is the use? … How am I ever going to get where I desire to go? … Could I be any farther from my goal? … I don’t know how to get there anyway! … I am useless, hopeless, incapable .... Do any of these sound familiar to you?

Yes, I have all these doubts at times – and they really make me feel quite depressed for short periods of time. You see that is the trick I figure – I get down for only short periods of time. I think my longest period has been 2 days – but then I am able to pick myself up and change my thoughts enough to come back to feeling positive and good about my life and my dreams again.

How I deal with those down days is the reason no one ever knows about them. You see I never talk about them because that would make it all seem more real and give it strength. What you focus on you get more of and I don’t want more of those thoughts – no way!

Do my down days set me back? In the grand scheme of things I don’t believe they do because I spend so much time focused on what I love about my life and what I am looking forward to – it outweighs my down times. Down times are natural – we are human. That means we will always find a whole range of emotions to explore – that is how we know what it means to feel very, very good – because at times we have felt very, very, bad.

Be happy for those down days as it allows us to appreciate our good days. See? There I go again with that positive stuff … well it works for me.

Down days and up days – they both help us get to our dreams!

With great love, Suzanne

P.S. For more information see http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com

Would you like help learning to cope with those down days so that you can live all of your dreams? I am available for individual phone coaching sessions, group teleclasses, speaking engagements and other fun and empowering events.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile