Monday, November 26, 2007

Gratitude - is it always obvious?

It is easy to feel gratitude over obvious things – but what about the not so obvious?

Last week I slipped on a slight incline and my left foot twisted backwards so that the top of my foot from my toe nail to my ankle scraped the cement. It hurt for the week – I did not think much about it – and certainly did not extend any gratitude for it. I figured I had other things to be grateful for and focused on them.

Several days after it happened, it was pointed out to me how lucky I was – I could have broken my ankle! That honestly had never even occurred to me! So I didn’t even think that was something to be grateful for! I do Yoga so it must keep me more limber – now another extension found for my gratitude.

How many times do we have something less than wonderful happen in our lives and it does not even occur to us to give thanks because it could have been so much worse? Where is our focus? Maybe the event even stopped us from being somewhere or doing something else that would have not been good for us? Sometimes the things we have to be grateful for are not obvious, but they are always there!

This week let’s try to look from a new perspective and see what new gratitude’s we will find in unexpected things.

I’ll be living my dreams one gratitude at a time. Thank you dearest foot, thank you Universe for the reminder, thank you all for reading ……..

How about you?

With great love, Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live Your Dreams Life Coach

For more information see http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com

Would you like some help finding all the things to be grateful for so that you can live your dreams? I am available for individual phone coaching sessions, group teleclasses, speaking engagements and other fun and empowering events.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile