Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Live your dreams - Marathon update

Talking about live your dreams inspiration - Clifford sent us this update to his Marathon training ........

Still on schedule for Oct. 7. Still injury free! That is important at any age but maybe more so at 62! As you may know, my daughter, Alta and I plan to do this together. So sometimes she finds any excuse so that she can drive 6 hrs to do a run with dad. I offered to do this with her, it being her first, just to help her stay committed - but oh how quickly that changed! There is hardly a day that goes by that she is not on the phone with me. Checking, encouraging, comparing....

So where are we at? Saturday was our longest run so far - 16 miles. This one we each ran alone, her in Washington and myself here in the hot spot - Osoyoos! The temp. was to reach 39 c today and may well have. So to beat the heat my feet hit the floor at 3 am and out the door they took me. It was cool and dark. Oh yes, so dark I can't see the GPS! Today may have been my nicest run ever. There are some things you really have to experience to understand, like breathing cool desert air in the dark. It was so quite with just the sound of my feet running. Of course the rest of the body just comes along for the ride! As dawn starts to show there were morning doves cooing, more light, more birds and the day comes alive! The daylight is nice but soon the sun shows over the mountain top and real fast the heat starts to build. I'm glad at this point to have started as early as I did. Water! Even though I'm running slow the sweat is starting to poor. I carried one bottle thinking it would be enough. At about the 13 mile point my wife arrived with more bless her soul.

Running is so enjoyable once you are in the run. Have you ever seen the movie Forest Gump? Once he started running he just ran and ran! I like that! I guess it's a body in motion that tends to stay in motion. Before I knew it, the GPS was beeping and the 16 miles were up.

Now I always try to walk a couple of miles after to help the body adjust etc. and this is where it gets really good. You see this is fruit country and over ripe peaches don't transport so they are just left. Now I want you to really get this picture..... A big fresh juice peach in my hand after 16 miles of running, juice running down my chin, down my arm, dripping on my shoes! Could there be anything better? Not unless it's to find a few cherries that the pickers missed to add to the Okanagan sweetness!

So 12 hrs. later how do I feel? Sore - but tomorrow is just a short run so see you at sun rise!

Stay well and keep moving towards your goal - one step at a time! Clifford.

Thank you Clifford for sharing the joy of living in the moment and the power you can feel of moving towards your goal/dream one step/run at a time!

With great love, Suzanne

P.S. For more information see http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com

Would you like help feeling the exhilaration of living your dreams? I am available for individual phone coaching sessions, group teleclasses, speaking engagements and other fun and empowering events.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Suzanne Marie Bandick's Facebook profile